Friday, May 1, 2009

Week-old shops

Hi everyone, I'm still alive, but just not in my normal routine. I've been up in Maine for my research since Monday, and will be staying until this coming Tuesday. I brought up all of my food from Jersey, which meant a lot of shopping right before I left and no shopping this week (except two Acme transactions Ryan did totaling $0.28). Until now I've been too busy/worn out to get caught up:

Walgreens:
Note the three monitors, but only two RR's >:( I only wanted to get one monitor at each store, which meant that in addition to my two regular stores I had to go to the Death Star Store. Of course no Catalina came out, so I asked if the machine was on and the cashier told me that I didn't get anything because I used a coupon. Lady, you gave me the same BS last time I was in the store (for the Skippy peanut butter/Ragu deal). Didn't you learn last time when the manager rang me up at a different register that the coupons don't affect the RR? Argh. I just gave up and moved to the next store instead of getting the manager to re-ring me this time. I know I should have more of a backbone, but I have a low tolerance for incompetence.

In separate transactions:
2 Bayer monitors, $14.99 minus $30 off MQ = FREE, earned $5 RR for each
No oop.

Later, at my good stores:
Transaction #1:
2 Tasters Choice instant coffee quick packs = $2.00
Glad plastic wrap = $3.39
$0.24 tax
Used one $5 RR
Total = $0.63 off GC

Transaction #2:
Nivea body wash, $4.99 minus $1 MQ = $3.99
Gatorade 32 oz = $1.00
Wylers lemonade quick packs = $1.00
$0.42 tax
Used one $5 RR
Total: $1.41 cash, earned $5 RR for Nivea

Transaction #3:
Nivea body wash, $4.99 minus $1 MQ = $3.99
Diet Pepsi 2L = $1.34
$0.45 tax
Used $5 RR
Total: $0.78 off GC, earned $5 RR for Nivea


Shoprite:
I forgot to bring this receipt with me! I will have to enter the details and total later.


Acme:
Bounty paper towel single roll, $1.00 minus $1 MQ = FREE
Diet Sierra Mist Ruby Splash, $1.25 minus free item CAT = FREE
$0.09 tax = $0.09 total

Wish I had more Bounty Q's! The one I had was from a home mailer from last fall or winter.

Transaction #2 and #3 (identical, not pictured):
Ryan was a saint and did these for me since I was up in Maine by the time the coupons I ordered off Ebay arrived. He called me from the store to ask for what a good cheap filler would be. I suggested that some people like to get a single banana or apple.

6 Viva paper towel single rolls, $1.99 each minus $0.60 MQ fully doubled = $4.74
1 ear corn on the cob = $0.40
Used $5 Kimberly Clark CAT
Total: $0.14 each transaction = $0.28 total


Produce Junction, not pictured:
2 Celery hearts = $1.00
5 lbs bananas = $2.00
6 apples = $1.00
3 lbs onions = $1.50
2 lbs broccoli = $2.00
Lots of green peppers = $2.00
2 large heads escarole = $3.00
Total: $12.50

Total spent: $767.23 (plus Shoprite receipt still at home)
Remaining on Target GC: $5.00
Pending rebates: $64.13
Rebates received: $91.53
"So it's really like": $606.57 spent (plus Shoprite receipt still at home)

No comments:

Post a Comment