Monday, May 11, 2009

Superfresh Super Doubles, Shoprite

I have to admit that this blog is getting seriously neglected. Updating promptly just isn't in my heart anymore. I will continue anyway, if only to complete my one year experiment in food frugality, but don't rely on me to get advance notice for hot deals.

I am back in Jersey for a week and a half longer.

I was at a wedding over the weekend. Sunday morning checkout time at the hotel was 11am but I only needed to be at the ceremony at noon, so we killed some time in the lobby. Awaiting me there? Two Sunday papers out for the guests to enjoy! I helped myself to the inserts since I'm sure they would just have been tossed at the end of the day. Score!

Superfresh (last week): "Super Doubles" with up to 5 $1 MQs doubled per transaction
This was done over 2 transactions to comply with the 5 super double rule. No overage since the cashier adjusted down to the price of each item. Combined totals:
10 Texas Toast croutons, $0.99 each, minus 5 $1/2 MQ doubled = FREE
Capri Sun Sunrise, $2.00 minus $1 MQ doubled = FREE
Quaker Tortillaz, $1.25 minus $1 MQ doubled = FREE
Ronzoni Smart Taste pasta, $1.99 minus $1 MQ doubled = FREE
Ken's Marinade, $2 minus $1 MQ doubled = FREE
2 Kraft BBQ sauce, $1.19 each minus $1/2 doubled = $0.38
Kikkoman soy sauce, $1.49 minus $0.55 hangtag MQ fully doubled = $0.39
1 ear corn (filler) = $0.20
Total = $1.00

Yes, all of that for $1 total, which is the sale price of one bag of croutons! This was a great opportunity for me since our garden greens are now big enough for salads; we'll have enough croutons for an entire season of fresh salad! We were also out of soy sauce and almost out of BBQ sauce, too. I hope super doubles will take place again; this was the first time I saw them at Superfresh since I started couponing.


Shoprite (3 weeks ago?)
3 Duncan Hines brownie mix, $0.88 each minus $1/3 MQ = $1.64
Shoprite grape jelly = $0.99
Thomas' English muffin two pack = $1.99
2.75 lbs Italian sausage at $1.49/lb = $4.10
Frank's Red Hot Sauce, $1.19, used free item MQ = FREE
Marcal toilet paper, $0.99, used free item MQ = FREE
$0.05 bag refund
Total: $8.86

And over the course of the past 3 weeks, $30 in rebate checks arrived in the mail (two from Bud and one from Stella Artois).

Total spent: $777.19
Remaining on Target GC: $5.00
Pending rebates: $34.13
Rebates received: $121.53
"So it's really like": $616.53 spent

No comments:

Post a Comment