Friday, May 29, 2009

Mostly living off the stockpile...

I've been up in Maine for my research for the last week, and except for a trip home from June 16-22, this is where I'll be through August. I brought up a lot of food with me. Ryan is still in NJ with the kitties, tending to the garden. I hear the strawberries are coming in like crazy...he is freezing them so I can eat them later. Not a whole lot of shopping going on:

I made one trip to Acme the morning before I left: 5 cans of shaving cream and one package of tortillas for $1.46 total.

On my long drive up (ugh, Memorial Day traffic made it 10 hours total!) I needed a pick-me-up, so I splurged on an iced coffee at Dunkin Donuts: $2.48.

And during the past week Ryan went to Acme and bought milk and 8 pounds of split chicken breasts for a total of $10.02.

Total spent: $996.25
Pending rebates: $66.82
Rebates received: $132.52
Flea market profits: $346.00
Remaining on Shoprite GC: $31.28
"So it's really like": $419.63 spent

No comments:

Post a Comment