Thursday, January 15, 2009

I am a moron

After many a trip when I've realized I forgot my coupons, ECB's, shopping scenario/list, etc, I have gotten into the habit of triple-checking that I have these items.

Last night I went to Shoprite because we were getting low on "real" food. I was planning on hitting a CVS and Rite Aid on the way home, too. I loaded up my cart with broccoli, potatoes, pasta, canned beans, ground turkey (we've replaced ground beef with turkey for everything except burgers- healthier, cheaper, and tastes just as good!), frozen veggies, and a few other things. I was about to wheel into the checkout when I realized that I forgot my WALLET at home. While I was on break from school the wallet resided in my purse, but now it's in my backpack during the day. Seeing as I'd already loaded up everything, I considered calling Ryan and having him drive to the store with some method of payment. But genius that I am, my PHONE was also at home in my backpack. I suppose I could have asked at the CS desk to make a call, but although I'm sure Ryan would've done it for me, I also didn't feel like waiting around. So I sheepishly went around the store putting things back and then left empty-handed. I went straight home because even though my CVS and RA trips would have been very low cost, I had not even a penny on my person.

I was grumpy when I got home and changed immediately into my PJs. I had been hoping to have free Reeses Whipps candy bars from RA as my evening snack, so was doubly grumpy. Ryan was super nice and went out to RA for me! Not only that, but the first store he went to was out of the Whipps, so he went to a second store to get them. I have him trained so well!

I am attempting Shoprite and CVS again after school today. I promise pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment