Sunday, February 1, 2009

Month in review: January

I was psyched with my January totals, then Ryan called from his trip and told me he spent $20 over two lunches at the ski resort lunch stand. His dad paid for dinners and the rest of the trip, but they went to different food stands for lunch. I guess I have to add that into the budget :(

End of January totals:
Total spent so far: $223.70
Remaining on Acme GC: $25.00
Pending rebates: $88.63
"So it's really like": $110.07 spent this year

I am too lazy to do an item-by-item analysis, so I'll just make up some categories to comment on.

Deal of the month: Free cat food at Kmart! We go through it so fast that it was great to be able to super-stockpile it. Free/overage Garnier at Walgreens was nice, too. I also had a couple sweet triples runs at Pathmark and Superfresh.

Things I stockpiled a lot of (based on quantity and how fast we use it): Club crackers (lol), Tostitos, cat food, soda, shampoo/conditioner, peanut butter, soup, frozen veggies, pasta

Deal that got away: I always forgot to pick up the CVS brand allergy medicine the week that it was FAECB. We don't use it, but my brothers-in-law do, especially when they visit us and all the kitties.

Wish I'd gotten more of: Rogaine. I won't say who, but someone in our household has started using it...hint, it says "not for use on women." Anyone buy it just to roll ECBs and want to trade items?

1 comment:

  1. I wish we had Kmart here. I would love to get free cat food! You got some great deals this....err last month!

    ReplyDelete