Saturday, July 11, 2009

July shopping so far

I'm so happy to be going home for a week starting Tuesday. I miss Ryan, the kitties, and my garden. I hate having to buy produce up here when there are free veggies at home in Jersey.

Here's what we've spent in July so far:
$17.56 at Shoprite
$21.38 at Home Depot (42 lbs charcoal!), will submit for $10 charcoal/meat rebate
$30.13 at Hannaford (totals for 3 trips combined)

I guess since I make the rules it's my call, but I have started not including store-bought alcoholic beverages in the budget (restaurant-bought will still be included to discourage overpriced drinks). I have been going out of my mind from boredom up here and need a little entertainment...so alcoholic drinks fall under entertainment expenses.

Since wheeling and dealing has pretty much ground to a halt, I've been planning on reducing the amount of dining out we do during our upcoming vacation at the beginning of August. Since the first couple days will be spent at the field station I've been at (some vacation, huh?) we'll have access to a full kitchen. Perhaps instead of eating a restaurant lobster dinner, we'll boil some of our own and save. The second part of the week will be camping, so we'll cook over the campfire. In all we'll probably only eat out two nights.

Total spent: $1,339.53
Pending rebates: $68.73
Rebates received: $157.52
Flea market profits: $346.00
Remaining on Target GC: $10.00
"So it's really like": $760.64 spent

No comments:

Post a Comment